My journey up the funnel continues; from recruiter to sourcer, and from sourcer to recruitment marketer. Here are some lessons learned.
If every recruiter and recruiting manager started their online business, even a small one, they would quickly learn a few things (hopefully). Here is what I have learned the last two years with my online recruiting business.
- The money is in the list! Yes, email marketing is still the #1 way to make money with online ventures.
- It’s very hard to get people to give you their email address and grow your list. So when you get it – treat emails like gold.
- If you are spending money with online advertising (which you should), never send visitors to your homepage! Paid ads will eat your budget quick! Build a web page dedicated to educating and eventually moving prospects thru the buyer journey for your product or service. We call these pages “landing pages” or “squeeze pages”.
- Only about 3% (or less) of the people that visit your site and that are on your list are in the market for what you are selling at the moment. So create a lead nurturing campaign that keeps your list engaged over time. This process needs to be automated.
- You are not a professional marketer. What looks and sounds good to you is probably not going to sell. So test every subject line, every email, every pic, every web page, etc; and optimize messages for conversion.
Now that I have saved your about $10,000 and a ton of frustration, how can we use this knowledge to become better at what we do? Watch the video.